Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Novena to the Most Sacred Heart

The Feast of the Most Sacred Heart falls on June 3rd this year. Today, therefore, is the day to start a novena in preparation. Any approved prayer to the Sacred Heart can be used for the novena, but I find the following particularly fitting:



Love of the Heart of Jesus, inflame my heart. 
Charity of the Heart of Jesus, abound in my heart. 
Strength of the Heart of Jesus, uphold my heart. 
Mercy of the Heart of Jesus, forgive my heart. 
Patience of the Heart of Jesus, do not weary of my heart. 
Kingdom of the Heart of Jesus, be established in my heart. 
Wisdom of the Heart of Jesus, teach my heart. 
Will of the Heart of Jesus, dispose of my heart. 
Zeal of the Heart of Jesus, consume my heart.

O Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pour down Thy blessings abundantly upon Thy holy Church, upon the Supreme Pontiff, and upon all the clergy; give perseverance to the just, convert sinners, enlighten unbelievers, bless our parents, friends, and benefactors, assist the dying, free the souls in purgatory and extend over all hearts the sweet empire of Thy love. Amen.

Immaculate Virgin, pray for us to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Adorable Trinity, we thank Thee for all the favors Thou hast conferred on Thy servant, St. Margaret Mary, and through her intercession, we hope to obtain the graces we ask for in this novena.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated according to both content and form. If you would like to keep your comments private, please indicate this, and include your email if you would like a personal response. Thank you for commenting.